Friday, December 13, 2013

A New Holiday Pattern

I've been stitching as fast as I can to finish this new pattern in time for the holidays, so now I can finally share it with you!

It's called "HOLIDAY WREATH", and guess what?  It's a big ol' wreath made up of lots of sparkly wrapped packages.... and it looks like this:


It's a nice large design, 11" x 11" on 18 ct canvas (I used the eggshell with gold flecks, so the background is all sparkly and festive).  I had soooooo much fun stitching each of the packages - they're all done with simple stitches - and then getting them wrapped with whatever kinds of easy stitchy ribbons I could think of.  Here's a close-up of some of the packages:


I've used just two #5 pearl cottons: a Christmas red and a Christmas green, mixed with a handful of metallic ribbon threads for the packages and the ribbons.  And that big red bow?
 

It's done in long stitches, using the very yummy Very Velvet threads. (I've added just a few padding stitches under the bow areas, so that's what's making it look puckery on the scanned image, but in reality the bow is Very Rich looking and will "poof up" a bit when it's finally framed!)

After I stitched all the packages, I went ahead and added lots of irregularly stitched evergreen boughs peeking out behind the packages.  And there's a bit of tent stitching between the packages using the same variegated green ThreadworX Overdyed #5 pearl cotton.  I've added a sprinkling of round gold beads on some of the packages.... but you know, I'm thinking that a few fun buttons or embellishments (like tiny candy canes, bells, stars, snowflakes or gingerbread men) might be very appropriate to add to the packages - that's something you might like to do on YOUR wreath!!   All in all, it's a very fun and festive piece to stitch....

So, if you want to stitch up a new holiday piece that will surely become a family favorite, please visit my website: Laura J. Perin Designs for all the ordering information.  

10 comments:

Dana said...

piękny wieniec. Gdybym miała wzór to bym zrbiła taki :))

zhakard said...

very fine

Karen said...

Beautiful. Love it!

BFromM said...

I was wondering if you were going to make a new holiday pattern that would call out to me to be bought!

Cactusneedle said...

That's on my wish list, but will have to wait til I finish some other projects. You put out too many beautiful designs, I can't keep up with them all!

zenuwpees said...

C'est magnifique bravo bonne journee Marie-Claire

susanalbert said...

Gorgeous, Laura. How in the world you design AND stitch so many beautiful things is a mystery to me!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I absolutely love it! I resist stitching holiday pieces because they aren't displayed long enough. But, this is so pretty & clever. Maybe, I'll have to change my mind. Melita

LIZ said...

Beautiful! I rarely stitch Xmas projects, except for small ornaments, but I may have to make an exception with this one!

Terri said...

I love it and I want it!! :-)