Thursday, August 16, 2012

I Need More Olympics....

....so I can finish this other project I started a few weeks ago when the games began:


I'm calling it ROYAL PAVILLION, because I was thinking about the drama of pomp and circumstance, with plenty of regal flags and banners flying, and lots of gold trims for sparkle and pizazz.  I wanted royal/jewel colors, so went for something that had purples and golds in the variegated skein.  I'm using Watercolours 184, "Shererezade" for the foundation thread, then a family of purples (light, medium and dark) with two gold metallics (one thick ribbon, one fine braid). It's fast and fun, and I'm seein' lots of places to add some gold beads down the road....


The purple and gold striped borders are totally over the top - as is the gold and purple "flags" bracketing the corners, but BOY, are they fun to stitch and they definitely add extra regalness (is that a word?) to the piece.  Anyway, if I push on with it, I might actually have this ready to release by the end of the month... depends on whatever comes up and how quickly I can get the pattern done.

 In the meantime, I'm going back to ye old Netflix to watch some of my favorite British programs while I stitch (have you ever watched KINGDOM?  ROSEMARY & THYME? MIDSOMER MURDERS? INSPECTOR LEWIS??) That's what I'll be doing this week to continue my Olympic fever stitching marathon!

In the meantime, KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON . . . . STITCHING, of course.

5 comments:

Teresa S. said...

I watch the same shows! Just bought Kavanaugh QC at Costco and it is good too. And just got Midsomer Murders #20 :) But, I've never heard of Kingdom? What is that about?

Annette said...

I <3 Midsomer Murders :) We've watched all episodes available and can't wait to see the "new" DCI Barnaby! Hurry up Netflix and/or Amazon.

Have you watched "Chef!"? It's an older comedy series that was frequently run late night on PBS. A couple seasons and quite entertaining :)

Aliselle said...

J'aime beaucoup Midsummer murders moi aussi (En français, c'est "Inspecteur Barnaby")
Cela donne de bien jolies broderies!... lol
Bonne journée

karen said...

Devoured all of Midsomer Murders! And all the streaming episodes of Taggart.

The new piece looks amazing.

Laura said...

I'm glad to know you are watching and enjoying MIDSOMER MURDERS as much as I am. I especially like looking at the gardens and homes, don't you? And KINGDOM is a charming but too short series featuring Stephen Fry as a kindly lawyer in a small town with quirky characters.-- my favorite "comfort" program! Now I'll have to look for CHEF! - haven't heard of that one.... and I haven't watched TAGGART or KAVANAUGH either, so I'll try those.... If you get Netflix, try MURDERS IN SUBURBIA too - about two women detectives, on the light side...or look at STEPHEN FRY IN AMERICA, as he drives around the US making charming British comments about our American-ness....