Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Floating Hearts

I was reading some blogs today and was charmed by Ann Stradal's posting of her needlepoint heart pillow on THE CAPE STITCHER.  It reminded me of an old design of mine called "HEARTS AFIRE" that stitchers occasionally order from me.  Here's what it looks like:


 I originally stitched it on eggshell canvas that has flecks of gold in it, but it could be stitched on lots of different canvas colors.  Basically,  I was just playing around with filling heart shapes with different compound stitches.  Here's a  close-up of a couple of the hearts:


I used Caron Watercolours 028 - "Confetti" on this model (2 skeins) with a handful of #5 pearl cottons and metallics as well.

I quick added it to my website today in the Sampler Collection, in case any of you are tempted to start a new heart project today -grin!

Or maybe you'd like to start working on my "LITTLE VALENTINE" freebie design, just like Coni is doing on her blog, SPINSTER STITCHER...  If so, here's the graph for you to print out at home (click on the photo, then go to Print Preview and enlarge it to fill the page, then Print. If that still doesn't work, email me and I'll send you the graph via email):


HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

6 comments:

jansim03 said...

I would love to have the chart emailed to me. I hope you read your comments! I love your designs! Janet.simons98@gmail.com.

Thank you
Janet

Laura in SP said...

Thank you, Laura! I saw it yesterday on Coni's blog and knew immediately that I had to have it. This was the best Valentine's I've gotten all day!
Laura in SP

Tatkis said...

Adorable Floating hearts - just beautiful!
I tried to find eggshell coloured canvas, but unfortunately couldn't.

Hugs,
Tatyana

CyberJulka said...

Dear Laura! I love your designs! A few days ago I have made my first needlepoint work - your amazing "Little Valentine":) It's on my blog: http://cyberjulka.blogspot.com/2012/02/needlepoint-by-cyber-julka.html:) I'm waiting for the next Mini Mystery Monday:) Hugs from Poland!

Cyber Julka
http://cyberjulka.blogspot.com/

Wendy said...

The stitching is beautiful! And thanks for the free chart.

arlette91 said...

C'est superbe

Arlette