Friday, December 25, 2009

Ho, Ho, Ho!


Here's one of my favorite Christmas items I stitched many years ago (1993, to be exact). It's actually a cross-stitch pattern (don't recall the name of it, off hand) but I stitched it in Tent Stitch (or half cross-stitch) on 18 ct canvas. I like stitching things on the "original" brown canvas, because it looks kinda rustic and old-fashioned....

Then I didn't bother to frame the piece. Instead, I made a small and simple banner out of it, so it hangs in a small space (finished size: 6" x 10") and makes me smile each time I look at it (I just love the cat and mouse at Santa's feet - it's such a great, unexpected detail!)


I hope Santa is good to you today, and fills your stocking with lots of sweet surprises.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!

1 comment:

Mary said...

What a lovely design, and a great idea! Merry Christmas to you!