Monday, July 6, 2009

High Summer


This is a small Rebecca Wood canvas I started stitching last summer, but set it down at some point, and forgot about it.

This year, I remembered it, pulled it out of my stash and decided to get it finished for this Fourth of July.

Cute, huh?

It's actually part of a set of characters that make up an Independence Day collection -- don't know if it's still available, but it's really, really cute and I just fell in love with this little boy and his dog in particular....

And I certainly had fun stitching him up - nothing fancy, mostly basketweave stitch. I decided NOT to put in a background, as you can see. I'm going to just frame it in a simple silver frame, then enjoy looking at it the rest of the summer!

Check out many more of Rebecca Wood's wonderful canvases at www.RebeccaWoodDesigns.com

7 comments:

Sharon said...

That is too adorable!

NCPat said...

I don't blame you....it is really cute!

Lisa said...

It is so cute. As a mother, who eats a lot of watermelon, and has 2 boys and 1 dog...it is a wonderful and cute picture!

Wanda said...

Very nice! I'm glad you thought of it and finished it for summer. I eat watermelon all summer long....even though this year it's been in the 60's most of the time. For some reason watermelon tastes the best when it's hot outside!

Terry said...

This is just so cute and I love the little bandana the dog is wearing our Marzbar has a red one which I have embroidered his name and phone number on

ChitownStitcher said...

I always find it interesting to see what designers stitch. I used to think they only stitched their own designs.

Lelia said...

Very Cute!